Thursday, September 15, 2016

Blog Post 3


This past week we read out of the comic book over education. I found that the book made some great points about teaching. Something that stuck out to me was that you never know what a student is going through in their home life. If a child is acting out in class, it is important to talk to them and not just jump to conclusions about them. It's possible that they are going through a rough spot at home or just in general. In class today (September 15th), four groups made their own skits, two of which focused on a child acting out and how to go about it. The students that showed bad behaviors were being disruptive in class, interrupting the teacher/other students, pulling hair, poking, and so on. This is obviously not appropriate in the classroom setting, or in any setting for that matter. 
I suppose a question I would like to ask about this happening would be, how exactly would a teacher go about it? If I were in this situation in a real classroom setting, I would not want to make the student feel embarrassed or ashamed. A follow up question I would have is, if there actually is a problem going on in a child's life, how would a teacher go about handling that? Would they talk to parents? Administration? Paying special attention to the child? I feel like it would be a very tricky situation to handle that would need to properly be taken care of.

No comments:

Post a Comment