Sunday, November 6, 2016

BlogPost 7


What is the greatness in teaching? Well, I feel as if there are many different aspects that come into play when describing its greatness. From a personal standpoint the most important aspect to me would be building relationships between the students and the teachers. During my senior year of high school I took an AP Literature course with Mr. Thomas Mulhall. Despite how challenging that class was, I was so glad that I took it because of how much I liked the teacher. He was able to relate to his students on a personal level and that made it easier for the students to communicate with him. Everyday he would stand outside of his classroom and greet everyone that walked by and that was something that I really appreciated. I felt very comfortable going to him for advice even if it had nothing to do with english, he was always just very easy to talk to. Everyone else felt comfortable talking in class, asking questions, and getting involved. I believe that it also helped the students gain closer relationships with one another. On top of that, by the end of the year my skills in english improved drastically and I easily passed the AP Lit Exam. Mr. Mulhall was such a special teacher. It is teachers like him that make for a better learning environment. It is easy to tell when a teacher doesn't care about what they are teaching and when they don't necessarily care about getting to know the students. I've experienced teachers like this as well and there was a noticeable and negative impact on my grades. We need more Mr. Mulhalls in this field because I feel that building relationships is a major key to success. 

No comments:

Post a Comment